Drop Off and Pick Up
Morning Drop Off:
Afternoon Pick Up:
- All first graders enter Baker School through the front door of the school.
- Baker School doors unlock automatically at 7:50 AM.
- If students arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM, they must go directly to the cafeteria.
- No one is permitted in the hallways, on the bridge, at the lockers, in the bathrooms, or in the extended day area before 7:50 AM.
- As with all of the elementary grades, the first grade work day begins promptly at 8:00 AM. It is important that your child arrives on time each day, as morning work time begins right away.
- The classroom door will open at 7:55 AM, allowing your child 5 minutes to say goodbye, put away his or her materials, and begin the school day.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- The children are dismissed Monday-Thursday at 2:30 PM and Friday at 1:40 PM.
- During the month of September, your child will be brought to the prearranged meeting spot you selected online. Beginning on Tuesday, October 4th, 2016, your child will walk independently to his/her prearranged meeting spot. Do not meet us inside the school, even in inclement weather.
- If the designated adult is not present at the meeting spot at 2:30 PM or 1:40 PM on Fridays, your child will go directly to the office. During the month of September, an adult will escort him/her. From October 4th, 2016 onwards, the students will go independently. We will practice this procedure with the students prior to its inception to ensure students know the way.
- If a sibling who currently attends Baker School is picking up your child, please see me/email me so that we can craft a pickup plan. Unlike adult pickups, sibling pickups must be made inside the school building.
- Your child’s safety is paramount. If there are any changes concerning how your child is getting home, please email me at least one day in advance, send a note with him or her that morning, or (for a last minute change only) call the front office. Please do not email changes during the school day in question, as I am typically not able to check during the day.
- Children who attend the extended day program will be picked up by a staff member at the very beginning of the year to ensure they know the way. After the first two weeks of school, they will walk to the extended day room themselves upon dismissal.
- Any student unfamiliar with the route will be assigned a buddy to show him or her the way.
- Please keep me abreast of any changes to your child's extended day schedule. It is vital that I know your plans to ensure your child's safety each afternoon.
- If your child is not attending the extended day program on one of his/her regularly scheduled day, be sure to contact the extended day program to let them know.
- Extended day can be reached at 617-323-6661.
- The extended day website is http://bsed.org.